One has always longed to do things in the quicker way so as to save time. This trait has been there since childhood in practically every human being. One wants to learn quick, drive fast, become rich quicker and the list goes on and on. So let us face it. We all want to drive in the fast lane of life but at times do not know how to do it. Let us now consider a few situations in real life where we can find solutions to everyday tasks and save valuable time. We call this “life hacks“.
- To do mental maths quicker: We all learned math’s in school but how many of us wanted to learn faster than others. We all know that we can add and subtract on our fingers. Counting from one to five is easy, but the problem comes up when one starts counting from six to nine. All that one has to do is to assign to the numbers six to ten on each of the five fingers on each hand. Then take two numbers that one wants to multiply. Take for example seven and eight. Count the touching fingers along with the fingers below them and add a zero. In that way, one will get the ten’s value. Then multiply the upper portion of the touching finger that is together and in that way you will get the one value. Then add the top and bottom together, and one will get the answer.
- Defog the mirror after a shower: We all love a hot shower during winter, but when one wants to stand in front of the mirror and shave, one will find it foggy. Instead of wiping the moisture off all that one needs to do is to plug in the hair dryer and give the mirror quick blast of the hot air. In just a few seconds the mirror will be fit for use.
- Unload a pack of twelve sodas in one clean move: The twelve packs are good nowadays, but all will never fit in a fridge. Instead of putting them one by one, the fastest way is to remove the top and bottom of the box and move it into the freezer. It is as simple as that.
- Peel an entire head of garlic: It is the most irritating job to be done, but one has to do it to get the garlic taste in the dish. The fastest way to peel an entire head of garlic. All that one needs to do is to put it in a bowl and just shake it up, and the work will be done in seconds.
- Deseed a Pomegranate the easy way: a single good sized pomegranate may have about a hundred seeds. All that one needs to do is to cut the fruit in half and then start hitting the back of the fruit with a wooden spoon. If the job is done correctly, all the seeds will fall into the bowl within seconds.